Warwick Castle lies in the heart of the ancient kingdom of Mercia, on a bend on the River Avon. It was originally the site of an Anglo-Saxon burgh, constructed by Æthelflæd, daughter of Alfred the Great in 914. Later, the Norman invader William the Conqueror, rebuilt the burgh into a timber Motte and Bailey Castle in 1086. It’s location was ideal to secure supply lines and trade routes to the north. During the 12th century, Warwick Castle was rebuilt in stone.
Discover more about Warwick Castle’s history here.
Warwick Castle Offers
Make the most of your trip with these fantastic offers.
Merlin Annual Pass – Entry to 32 Top UK Attractions
- A Standard Merlin Annual Pass which entitles you to 12 months entry to top attractions across the UK including THORPE PARK Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Warwick Castle, SEA LIFE and more!
- Up to 20% off food, drink and retail purchases at the attractions
- Exclusive discounts on overnight stays at Attraction Resort accommodation
- Invites to exclusive passholder preview events
- Discounted entry for family and friends
Warwick Castle Entry with Afternoon Tea at the Conservatory Tea House
- Entry to Warwick Castle
- Afternoon tea in The Conservatory Tea House
- A pot of tea
- A full sandwich comprised of the following selection in quarters; one quarter fresh salmon, one quarter chicken, one quarter cheese and one quarter ham
- A scone, jam and cream and butter
- Three mini cakes
- Gluten free and vegetarian options are available – please enquire when booking
Historic Accommodation Nearby
Need a local place to stay over? Prefer something historical?
Warwick Castle Knight’s Village
Stay at Warwick Castle’s very own lodges in the Knight’s Village. This is a fantastic themed place to stay.
Located in a woodland grove near the banks of the river, the Woodland Lodge and the Knight’s Lodge are the perfect place to stay after visiting the great castle.
Warwick Castle’s Tower Suite
If the Knight’s Village is not medieval enough for you, then why not stay at Warwick Castle’s Tower Suite. Located in the 14th century Caesar’s Tower, the suite offers your own medieval private chamber.
With high-vaulted ceilings, and a King size 4-poster bed draped in rich tapestries, this chamber is the perfect way to spend a night as a guest of nobility. Choose from the Peacock suite or the Rose suite.
Warwick Castle’s Medieval Glamping
If you prefer to stay outside in the grounds, then perhaps Medieval Glamping is for you. A wonderful combination of luxury and camping with a medieval theme, this is a must for the adventurous types.
Situated in the grounds of Warwick Castle, you can choose between the Warwick Tent and the King’s Luxury Tent. Both offer a unique and fun medieval night under the stars.